There will be no Pac-12 football this fall—maybe in the spring?—but that hasn’t stopped national outlets from including the league in various preseason content. For instance, three Pac-12 schools made the Associated Press’ preseason Top 25.
And Pro Football Focus has put together a preseason all-conference team for the Pac-12, something it no doubt had compiled prior to the league announcing earlier this month all sports had been canceled for the rest of the season.
Not surprisingly, no Arizona Wildcats were first-team selections, though eight players—including one who has announced his departure from the program—did earn second- or third-team nods or were honorable mention choices:
- QB Grant Gunnell (Second Team)
- RB Gary Brightwell (Second Team)
- LB Colin Schooler (Second Team)*
- C Josh McCauley (Third Team)
- CB Lorenzo Burns (Third Team)
- CB Christian Roland-Wallace (Third Team)
- WR Jamarye Joiner (honorable mention)
- G Robert Congel (honorable mention)
* - Schooler entered the NCAA transfer portal on Aug. 19
Arizona and Cal are the only schools that did not have a player earned first-team honors.