On Saturday, all 32 NFL teams were required to drop their active rosters to 53 players for the start of the 2020 season, which begins next week.
There were five former Arizona Wildcats who survived the cuts and five who did not.
Here is a breakdown.
Former UA players who made a 53-man roster
- DB Dane Cruikshank (Tennessee Titans)
- LB Demetrius Flannigan-Fowles (San Francisco 49ers)
- QB Nick Foles (Chicago Bears)
- TE Rob Gronkowski (Tampa Bay Buccaneers)
- DB Will Parks (Philadelphia Eagles)
Players placed on Injured Reserve (still on team)
- LB Reggie Gilbert (Tennessee Titans)
Players who were released or waived by their club
- WR Shawn Poindexter (San Francisco 49ers)
- RB J.J. Taylor (New England Patriots)
- K Nick Folk (New England Patriots)
- DB Jace Whittaker (Arizona Cardinals)
- DT PJ Johnson (Seattle Seahawks)
It is highly likely that the Cardinals will sign Jace Whittaker to their practice squad. Same with the Patriots and J.J. Taylor.