The Arizona Wildcats have filled a hole in their 2024 nonconference schedule by adding a home game against an old Western Athletic Conference rival.
The UA will host New Mexico at Arizona Stadium on Aug. 31, 2024, marking the first time it has faced the Lobos in Tucson since 2007.
Arizona last played UNM in the 2015 New Mexico Bowl, in Albuquerque, winning 45-37. All time the Wildcats hold a 44-20-3 edge in the series, with the teams meeting every year between 1946-77. They were in the WAC together from 1962-77 and also played together in the old Border Conference.
In addition to New Mexico, the UA hosts NAU and visits Kansas State in nonconference play in 2024. The Wildcats don’t have another open spot to fill until the 2026 season.
Arizona football future opponents
- 2022: at San Diego State, Mississippi State, North Dakota State
- 2023: NAU, at Mississippi State, UTEP
- 2024: New Mexico, NAU, at Kansas State
- 2025: Hawaii, Weber State, Kansas State
- 2026: NAU, at BYU
- 2027: at Colorado State, BYU, NAU
- 2028: Colorado State, at Nebraska
- 2029: Virginia Tech, at Hawaii
- 2030: at Virginia Tech
- 2031: Nebraska
- 2032: at Alabama
- 2033: Alabama