Arizona’s last trip to Hawaii didn’t end so well. Turns out the next visit to the islands won’t happen for a little longer.
The UA announced a swap of its upcoming games against the Rainbow Warriors on Wednesday, with the next meeting set for Aug. 30, 2025 to be held at Arizona Stadium. The Wildcats were originally set to open the 2025 season in Honolulu but instead will play there Aug. 25, 2029.
Arizona is 5-1 all-time against Hawaii, winning three of four on the road but losing 45-38 to the Warriors to open the 2019 season.
In case you forgot how that ended, the below tweet tells you all you need to know:
"What's it like being an Arizona fan?"pic.twitter.com/ov9cAPJ98W— AZDesertSwarm.com (@AZDesertSwarm) August 25, 2019
Arizona’s 2025 nonconference schedule now features three home games, with the Wildcats hosting Hawaii, Weber State and Kansas State. The 2029 slate still has an open date between starting at Hawaii and hosting Virginia Tech.
Arizona football future opponents
- 2022: at San Diego State, Mississippi State, North Dakota State
- 2023: NAU, at Mississippi State, UTEP
- 2024: NAU, at Kansas State
- 2025: Hawaii, Weber State, Kansas State
- 2026: NAU, at BYU
- 2027: at Colorado State, BYU, NAU
- 2028: Colorado State, at Nebraska
- 2029: Virginia Tech, at Hawaii
- 2030: at Virginia Tech
- 2031: Nebraska
- 2032: at Alabama
- 2033: Alabama