The winless streak for the Arizona Wildcats against Arizona St. has reached 37 straight games.
ASU downed the Cats on Friday by a score of 5-0. Senior Troy Scott picked up a hat trick for the Devils, scoring his third goal while shorthanded in the final minute of the game.
Arizona played well for the most part, but could not capitalize on a couple of open-net opportunities to make the game close in the second period.
The second period was also marred by a five-minute man-advantage wasted by Arizona, when they took two penalties in the span of the five minutes to essentially kill any chance of a comeback.
Arizona finished the night 0-for-7 on the power play.
One other telling sequence in the game was when Arizona's top line was matched up against ASU's fourth line, and ASU absolutely dominated that match up. The Sun Devils are just too deep to lose to this Arizona team right now.
That's just the reality.
The two teams face-off again Saturday night at 7:30 MT in Tempe at Oceanside Arena. You'll be able to watch it live right here on AZ Desert Swarm.
- NBA Draft 2014: Nick Johnson makes case as early-entry candidate
- Arizona vs. Stanford final score: Nick Johnson, defense lift Wildcats late
- NCAA Baseball Rankings: USA Today preseason poll has Arizona 26th
- ACHA Rankings: Arizona gains one spot after demolishing San Diego State
- Arizona vs. Stanford: How the Cardinal can drop No. 1