Arizona Wildcats recruiting target Mitch Lightfoot has set a date when he will announce his commitment according to Scout's Josh Gershon. That date is next Saturday, October 24th, during the Arizona Preps Fall Showcase.
Lightfoot grew up in Tucson, but recently moved to Gilbert, and plays at Gilbert Christian. The five schools he took official visits to are: Arizona, Kansas, St. John's, Stanford and Utah.
John Ortega, Ligthfoot's AAU coach, told Scout that "Mitch hasn't decided yet. He's really got a tough decision, but I feel like he can be successful at any of his final five. All five schools have been fantastic through this process."
It seems that Arizona fans haven't been that high on Sean Miller recruiting Lightfoot, since he is "only a three-star". But he is the highest-rated prospect in the state according to 247. Their Crystal Ball has it as a 55% chance of Arizona landing him and 45% for Stanford.
Lightfoot isn't that star player that we're used to, but there's nothing wrong with a role player who will fit in quite nicely with the pieces that will be around in 2016. Arizona fans just have to come to the understanding that this is a guy who will develop in the system rather than someone who comes in and makes an immediate impact.
Josh isn't high on Mitch Lightfoot. Said he would be fine with the commitment as long as people realized he's a 4-5 year role player.— Wildcat Radio (@WildcatRadioAZ) October 16, 2015
FYI, Josh is usually right on scouting.— Wildcat Radio (@WildcatRadioAZ) October 16, 2015
Also, Arizona still needs that first commitment of the 2016 class. So, maybe it'll be coming next Saturday on Homecoming.