clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

2017 5-star recruit Brian Bowen to unofficially visit Tucson when Arizona Wildcats take on UCLA Bruins

New, comments

Saturday continues to be a crazy day for Arizona basketball

NCAA Basketball: Southern California at Arizona Casey Sapio-USA TODAY Sports

As if Saturday wasn’t crazy enough.

Along with College GameDay and a top-five battle between the Arizona Wildcats and UCLA Bruins that has significant implications, Saturday is also when five-star prospect Brian Bowen will unofficially visit Arizona, according to Luke Srodulski of Land of 10.

Bowen, a McDonald’s All-American from La Lumiere School in La Porte, Ind., is the No. 15 prospect in the 2017 recruiting class.

Bowen officially visited Arizona on Oct. 29.

The 6-foot-7 wing is believed to be choosing between Arizona and the Michigan State Spartans.

Bowen once said he was nearing a decision in January, but in February he backtracked, saying he is unsure when he will announce his commitment.

247Sports’ Crystal Ball gives the Spartans a 63 percent chance of landing Bowen, with Arizona having the remaining 37 percent.

However, two of the last three expert predictions have Bowen choosing Arizona.

Arizona currently has the third-ranked 2017 recruiting class, gaining commitments from five-star big man DeAndre Ayton, four-star forward Ira Lee, and four-star guards Brandon Randolph and Alex Barcello.

With Bowen in attendance, Arizona and UCLA are set to tip-off in McKale Center at 6:15 p.m. MST. The game will be televised on ESPN.

2017 five-star point guard Trevon Duval and 2018 five-star wing Emmanuel Akot will also be at the game.


You can follow this author on Twitter at @RKelapire