The first week of Athletes Unlimited softball is in the books!
In case you missed it, it’s a new professional league that has a unique point-based scoring system that ranks players based on individual stats, innings won and team wins. Every week the teams are redrafted, with the four best players serving as captains.
Every game takes place in Rosemont, Illinois, and all of them are on national TV, a great chance to grow the game.
Below you can see how the four Arizona softball products in the league fared in the first week of action—along with some highlights.
Teams will be redrafted Tuesday at 3 p.m. MST, and the second week of games will begin with a Saturday doubleheader at 10 a.m. MST, followed by a Sunday doubleheader at 10 a.m. MST and a Monday doubleheader at 1 p.m. MST.
The Saturday and Sunday games will air on ESPNU. Monday’s action will be broadcast on CBS Sports Network.
Katiyana Mauga, 1B
- Points: 430
- Player ranking (out of 56): 9
- Stats: 4-8, 1 HR, 5 RBI, 1 2B, 1 R
Danielle O’Toole, LHP
- Points: 266
- Player Ranking (out of 56): 20
- Stats: 13.0 IP, 4.31 ERA, 17 H, 8 ER, 1 HR, 2 BB, 8 K
Mandie Perez, OF
- Points: 30
- Player Ranking (out of 56): 54
- Stats: 0-2, K, CS
Taylor McQuillin, LHP
- Points: -20
- Player Ranking (out of 56): 56
- Stats: 3 IP, 23.33 ERA, 15 H, 14 R (12 ER), 2 HR, 3 BB, 2 K