Starting Wednesday June 1st, voting will begin for our Tucson Restaurant Tournament! After leaving voting open for two weeks to set the field, this is the bracket that our readers came up with:
So how will this work? Each day, starting June 1st, one matchup will open on this website for voting. For the first round, each matchup will have voting open for seven days from the time it is posted. You'll be able to find all of the matchups on this page as well. We will update the matchups below with links when voting is open and with results.
In addition, a Twitter poll for each matchup will be posted on @azdesertswarm each day, which will be open for one day. You can also vote on Twitter by tweeting the name of a restaurant that has a poll currently open on the website by tweeting the name of the establishment along with the hashtag #TRT.
Since we're going to open a new grouping for voting once a day, the first round will last throughout June. The rest of the rounds leading up to the Championship bout will occur throughout July.
If you are an owner or employee at one of these places and have pictures or info you want featured when we open the voting for your restaurant, email it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you can't read it above, here are the matchups by region. Just another reminder that we did not set the seeding. We went strictly off of our initial voting, so if you have an issue with the field, you should have voted more often in the seeding round. Dates in () are when voting will open for those two restaurants.
- (1) Smashburger vs. (16) Texas Roadhouse (Texas Roadhouse advances 62% to 38%)
- (8) Baggin's vs. (9) Blanco Tacos (Baggin's advances 67% to 33%)
- (5) BK's vs. (12) Los Betos (BK's advances 63% to 37%)
- (4) Zinburger vs. (13) 1702 (1702 advances 54% to 46%)
- (6) Sauce vs. (11) El Minuto Cafe (El Minuto Cafe advances 65% to 35%)
- (3) Guadalajara Original Grill vs. (14) Fleming's Steakhouse (Guadalajara advances 70% to 30%)
- (7) Tucson Tamale Company vs. (10) Brooklyn Pizza (Brooklyn advances 61% to 39%)
- (2) No Anchovies vs. (15) Piazza Gavi (Piazza Gavi advances (62% to 38%)
Santa Ritas Region
- (1) El Guero Canelo vs. (16) Sullivan's Steakhouse (El Guero Canelo advances 54% to 46%)
- (8) Sushi Garden vs. (9) Mariscos Chihuahua (Sushi Garden advances 65% to 35%)
- (5) Caruso's vs. (12) El Molinito (Caruso's advances 74% to 26%)
- (4) Bobo's vs. (13) Rosa's Mexican Food (Bobo's advances 59% to 41%)
- (6) El Corral vs. (11) Trident Grill (Trident advances 65% to 35%)
- (3) Bison Witches vs. (14) Athen's on 4th (Bison Witches advances 86% to 14%)
- (7) Reilly Craft Pizza vs. (10) Oregano's (Oregano's advances 79% to 21%)
- (2) Frog & Firkin vs. (15) Kingfisher (Frog & Firkin advances 64% to 36%)
- (1) El Charro vs. (16) Vero Amore (El Charro advances 69% to 31%)
- (8) Wildflower vs. (9) Cup Cafe (Wildflower advances 61% to 39%)
- (5) Brushfire BBQ vs. (12) Downtown Kitchen (Brushfire advances 74% to 26%)
- (4) Pinnacle Peak vs. (13) North Italia (Pinnacle Peak advances 50.5% to 49.5%)
- (6) Rocco's Little Chicago vs. (11) Teresa's Mosaic Cafe (Rocco's advances 57% to 43%)
- (3) Lindy's on 4th vs. (14) Feast (Lindy's advances 80% to 20%)
- (7) Blue Willow vs. (10) Union Public House (Union advances 54% to 46%)
- (2) Beyond Bread vs. (15) Luke's Italian Beef (Beyond Bread advances 57% to 43%)
- (1) Mi Nidito vs. (16) Wild Garlic Grill (Wild Garlic Grill advances 66% to 34 %)
- (8) Vivace vs. (9) Illegal Pete's (Vivace advances 62% to 38%)
- (5) Greek Eatz vs. (12) Li'l Abner's Steakhouse (Greek Eatz advances 81% to 19%)
- (4) Gentle Ben's vs. (13) Sausage Deli (Gentle Ben's advances 66% to 34%)
- (6) The Hub vs. (11) Prep & Pastry (Prep & Pastry advances 60% to 40%)
- (3) Eegee's vs. (14) Frankie's Cheesesteaks (Frankie's advances 68% to 32%)
- (7) La Parrilla Suiza vs. (10) Scordato's Pizzeria (Scordato's advances 67% to 33%)
- (2) Little Cafe Poca Cosa vs. (15) Silver Saddle Steakhouse (Silver Saddle advances 55% to 45%)