Back in November, Arizona head coach Dave Rubio said the incoming class of Wildcat recruits would be a top-10 class by the time all was said and done. This week, his prediction came to pass. Not only is Arizona in the top 10, but the Wildcats are the No. 1 class in the Pac-12, just edging out Stanford.
John Tawa, founder of PrepVolleyball and long-time producer of their recruiting rankings, issued his top classes via his new enterprise, Volley High.
Tawa also offered brief breakdowns of the five U.S.-based recruits who will be on scholarship at Arizona.
- Jaelyn Hodge is “probably going to lead that team in kills. Super athletic on the outside.”
- Lauren Ware is “coming off of a knee injury. A North Dakotan. Going to play basketball, also. Expect her to make an impact in both sports. She’s that good.”
- Shelby O’Neal is “hard-hitting.”
- China Crouch is “fast-improving. At 6’6” in the middle,”
- Emery Herman is a setter who along with all of her class is going to be a good player.
Not mentioned in the video was Sofia Maldonado from Guadalajara, Mexico.
In addition to No. 9 Stanford, UCLA was the only other Pac-12 team in Volley High’s top 25 classes. The Bruins appeared among the classes ranked 11-15. (Only the top 10 positions have been released so far.) However, Utah, Washington and Washington State all appear as honorable mentions.